Sunday 5 October 2008

I'm a reject!!!!

Didn't get in the London Marathon ballot - actually not too fussed as its only 3 weeks after I return from the Mds (hopefully in one piece). The London Marathon on top of that probably would be a tad ambitious.

I did 10.45 miles on Friday which was actually quite enjoyable. Trouble is when I returned home my bottom lip was a bit blue (eek!) and I felt quite ropey for the rest of the day. Felt a bit sick and not very hungry. I don't know whether I just didn't eat/drink enough. I haven't used gels for ages and maybe that was the problem (because I haven't actually run that sort of distance for so long). I'll be throwing a Nuun in the water tomorrow and see if that helps.

Once Dublin is over I will try and build upper body strength as well as get in the miles. I don't think my back could cope at the moment with carrying 12kg+ of weight every day. So much to do and frighteningly little time to do it in!

I'm going for 13 miles tomorrow. Fingers crossed it'll go well!

No comments: