Tuesday 30 December 2008

It's been a while....

So what have I been doing since the Beacons? I did one run in the week after the Beacons and then caught the winter lurgy that was floating around. Felt rubbish for over a week and what with one thing or another, didn't do much training..... Boxing Day (Friday) I managed six and a half miles and on Sunday I did just over 10 miles run/walk (mainly walk I have to say) but the legs felt good and my feet are in pretty good nick!

I'm going to do half of the Tring to Town/Town to Tring event with Perks (keeping her company as haven't actually got a place....). That's 40 miles and is on the 17th January I think...

In February we are sorting out a jaunt in the Brecon Beacons, two days covering a distance of about 18 miles on the first day and hopefully about 30 on the second day. Now I'm going to concentrate on building up mileage and doing more back to back days, long distance.

I have really mixed feelings at the moment. I'm absolutely terrified about the Mds but in my heart of hearts truly believe I can do it and I'll be fine (provided nothing happens that I have no control over). BUT despite the mixed feelings I really can't wait to go now. This has been on my mind for a hell of a long time now and suddenly it's becoming very real.

I also managed to get myself in an article in Running Fitness Magazine (Feb issue).... very proud of the fact that someone actually nominated me as 'inspirational'. Don't see that myself but really chuffed that somebody else did (thanks Judith).

No comments: