Tuesday 22 April 2008

Sore feet....

Having not done a single thing for two weeks (children's Easter holidays) this morning I set off for a 20 mile walk with two friends. All on pavements (unfortunately) and a few hills it took just over 5 hours. Wasn't too bad to start with but I forgot to tape up my toes (due to trying to get the kids ready for school, and doing the usual shouting and hollering right up until the minute we left). Got about half way and I knew I had blisters on the bottom of two of my toes (one on each foot). It wasn't too bad but just emphasised the fact that I need to sort out my footwear. I can run miles in those trainers and not have any problems or rubbed bits. However, when I walk its a different matters altogether. I could feel the fluid moving about under my toe and with about a mile to go, one of the blisters popped. It felt revolting and it REALLY hurt. Oh well. Hobbled back and collapsed in a heap when I got home. Horrible bloody blisters. Popped the other one, treated it and plastered it up.

I'm off to see if I can get some Invo8s tomorrow and hope they'll suit me better for walking. I'm glad I've got a year to go, because at least I've got plenty of time to try out different things and get it right. Going to try different socks too.

Anyway, despite having horrible mangled feet and aching like a b*stard, I'm glad I went!

Only 3 weeks until the Ridgeway walk so need to get my feet into better shape before then.

Need a glass of something cold now....

No comments: