Monday 22 September 2008

5 weeks to go....

So Dublin is looming and as usual I'm not really prepared. I'm crap at following training plans and feel really guilty about it. Life just ruins training plans! Anyway, I'm trying to make amends. I did 4.4 miles on Sunday morning. I needed to blow the cobwebs away because I'd been drinking all day (and night) on saturday. Felt good tho. My usual steady 10 min miles (yep, I'm that quick). I went out again this morning (Monday) and did 9.4 miles. The .4 bit is very important! Anyway, I feel good and I know I'll be okay for Dublin, I just won't get a decent time, but then I'm used to that.

Still really not sure what to do about my footwear. It's not something I want to get wrong too many times because it costs a fortune. Brooks Adrenalines were recommended to me and they do actually do those in a trail shoe (probably said this already but my memory's crap).

Am going to force myself to do marathon circuits tomorrow and then I'll run again on Wednesday morning. The reality is that there's only really 6 months to go now and I think the denial should end! I need to start thinking about fundraising too.

No comments: