Sunday 14 September 2008

I'm in, I'm in!!!!!

So Thursday was the day I've been waiting for since March 2007. I got a phone call from Sarah at BOM asking me if I wanted my place on the Mds!! Er.... Yeah!!! I pretty much knew I had a place because I was so high up on the waitlist. But, hearing it after all this time is something I can't really describe. I can't imagine actually being there, but this means that the next 7 months of my life are going to be pretty hectic. I'm going to give this every ounce of energy I have. My dad's put his faith (and cash) in me and I won't let him down, as well as wanting to raise money for my two charities. I keep watching various Mds dvds that I have - looking at them, thinking that'll be me... I'll be suffering like all the other people that have been before me. My feet will be rotten, I'll ache like I've never ached before and I'll probably feel like giving up every 2 or 3 hours. Who cares?!!! The experience will be unlike anything I've ever done (or am ever likely to do) so whatever it throws at me I'll deal with.

Plus it means I get to meet all the people I've been getting to know over the last few months. Such a great bunch and I'm sure we'll have a blast. At least we have the opportunity to meet up in December thanks to Likeys and the Beacons Ultra. I have a feeling that event will become pretty big over the coming years!

Anyway, I ran 6.5 miles on Friday morning and this morning (Sunday). A drop in the ocean, but it all helps. Marathon circuits at some point this week as I need to improve my stamina if I'm going to last the distance!!

Looking forward to Tuesday, but more of that later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck, that will be a motivation boost I am sure. See you in the sand!

John - www.mds2009.com