Wednesday 9 July 2008

24 miles!!!

I did it! I'm very pleased because today wasn't exactly the best day for walking. It didn't stop raining once!! I wore the new trainers and, although my feet really ache (not surprisingly) and are very white and wrinkly from getting so wet, they don't actually feel too bad. I was definitely aware that I had a lot more room in the toe area!

My heels are pretty sore (really need to sort the hard skin out - yuck) and my little toe, as ever, is sore but I really think that's more to do with the fact they were soaked for approximately 5 hours.

Really glad I did it anyway. Although school holidays are going to bugger up training to an extent, after the summer break, I'm definitely going to try and do a marathon distance walk a week. Psychologically it helps!

Off to cover my feet in Vaseline.

3 comments:

Craig B. said...

Well done, that lady with the wrinkly feet. You're doing a sterling job, Rach, and I'm very proud of you. You'd best slow down, or you won't be at the back of the pack with us on the Mds!!! We don't want that, do we????

Keep it up, and good for the Trailwalker thingy.

Hugs and praises,
Craig

Steph Cooke said...

Well done, Rach- think you have got the foot problems licked!
That's a fast time for a 24 miler too. maybe you had better slow down like Craig says or you will leave us all behind!

Unknown said...

Great training Rach, good luck with Trailwalk next week! Tracey is 32 on the waiting list after not getting an automatic place. I watched the ITV4 programme on MdS last night and I think your all mad!!! temps over 50, sand dunes that looked a mile high, a mountain to climb with only a rope to hold on to and blisters on blisters on blisters!!! I'm so proud of you all for doing it! Pete