Wednesday 18 June 2008

Back to the park

I'm getting back into this walking/running lark now.... (about time). I went to the park again, with a friend today. We started off running together after we'd had our second child(ren). Neither of us had ever done any running at that time (it was January 2004) and we literally used to run for a minute, then walk for 5, run for 1 minute etc etc! We improved quite quickly! She is one of the Moonwalkers so fit anyway, but she hasn't run for a while. Anyway, we did 2 circuits of the park (which is just over 2 miles), then we walked one, ran another circuit. My friend wanted to walk at this point so I carried on and ran another. Then I walked back to meet her and we walked around again. So I did 6 circuits (4 running and 2 walking). Feel good and better than I did on Friday when I went.

I won't be doing anything tomorrow, but Friday I will go running again. I might run around the roads and see if I can do 10 miles. Although I am obviously focusing on the Trailwalker (in the short term) and the MdS I was to train well for the Dublin Marathon. I don't know if I've put this down already, but I might run/walk Dublin with my pack on. Not sure yet as I want to see where I'm at in October!

No comments: