Monday 30 June 2008

14 miles

Went for a walk this morning. What a beautiful day!! Started off with two friends and we did about 10 miles together. I carried on because I want to up the mileage before the Trailwalker. Did another 4 miles (14.38 in total). Feel good. My feet ache a lot but on the whole they're not too bad. I covered them in Vaseline before I left which seems to help (tho need to find an alternative for the desert as sand + vaseline is obviously not a good mix!). Only thing is my little toe on my left foot is sore underneath. The skin is quite hard and unfortunately too sore to get rid of (never seems to be any different!). No blisters tho!

Running tomorrow.

Still haven't moved up the waitlist but I emailed BOM last week and Sarah told me that it was 'highly unlikely' that I wouldn't get a place. Yay. The first payments are due in September and BOM have sent an email to all competitors for next year, asking that if any want to defer their place, they should let BOM know by the first week in August (I think that's right). By then I might move up the two places necessary to be an official competitor. Can't wait for that day!

No comments: